Dear Prospective Las Vegas All Stars Participants,
The organizing committee of the Las Vegas Mela thanks you for your interest in participating in our inaugural competition! We are in our 14th year hosting the annual event, and this year we will be hosting Las Vegas All Stars IV, featuring 4 Bhangra (Music), Raas, and Bollywood Fusion Teams from across North America.
Las Vegas All Stars is an opportunity for your team to join others from around the country, showcase your talent, and compete for $1,500 cash prize in your genre, trophies, and honor, all while spreading passion and awareness Indian dance forms. We would be honored to have your team participate in this year’s competition held on May 6th, 2017 at the Clark County Amphitheatre.
On this website you will find information regarding the application process, Competition requirements, deadlines, compensation, and notifications.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or concerns. Thank you for your interest in Las Vegas All Stars; we encourage you to apply and look forward to working with you and your team in the near
First Place Grand Prize: $1,500 each category
LOCATION AND ACCOMIDATION
Las Vegas All Star will provide the following accommodations:
Hotel Rooms:(Max 3 rooms provided per Team) 4 per occupancy on Las Vegas Strip/Downtown Property for Friday and Saturday Evening
Transportation: We will be providing Bus Transportation for all Las Vegas All Stars Events, including Technical Rehearsal (Friday), Social Mixer (Friday), Competition (Saturday).
- Friday May 5, 2017: Dinner will be provided at Mixer
- Saturday May 6, 2017: Lunch will be provided at Hotel, and for Dinner, each team member will receive coupons to purchase food at the Mela.
500 S. Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas, Nevada 89154
- Submit an e-mail to email@example.com after completing the attached registration form with all necessary information that follows in this packet. Please feel free to contact us at that email with any questions or concerns about the registration process.
- Submit a 3-8 minute video of your team
- 75% of the dancers your team wishes to include on their roster at Las Vegas All Stars must be in the video.
- Preference is a prior performance during the 2016 - 17 season
- Videos must be submitted via email through private, unlisted YouTube links
- Preference will be given if you have placed at a competition this season
- Teams that are planning to use a segment involving any props (e.g. saaps, khunde, etc.) in their audition video MUST record the video using the actual prop. Air-dancing/faking the props will NOT be accepted.
We only allow the use of electronic submission so that we can expedite the registration process and do our part in saving the environment by cutting down on the use of paper. Questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org about any part of this process.
Registration Deadline: January 20, 2017
Please check and make sure all of these items are included in your registration packet:
- Registration Packet completed in its entirety and sent to email@example.com
- 3-8 minute video, as well as 1 picture of the team to be used online and in the program, along with 1 picture of team logo
- Acknowledgement of “Rules and Regulations” by the team captain within the registration packet
- Registration Fees
Las Vegas All Stars reserves the right to make any changes necessary.
We look forward to seeing you on May 6th!!